Sunday, June 2, 2013

Prayer makes a difference!

Prayer. (Or lack there of...)
The most difficult times in my life have not been marked by my circumstances and the hurts I have encountered.  They have been marked by my poor devotion to prayer.  During the lowest points of my life, I feel a spiritual desolation.  These days happen when I am spiritually lazy; when I try to deal with my day by myself; when I attempt to solve my problems single handed.  When, in short, I don't take time to pray.  These are days (or even weeks) when I feel alone, unhappy, angry, agitated, etc.

I find when I take the time to pray and truly offer my day up to my Father, not just muttering memorized words under my breath, but actually talking (and listening!) to the Lord, I am the most at peace.  Sometimes I don't pray because I don't know what to say or how to express my needs.  I search for words that do not come.  But often times for me, the best prayers are those when I let the Lord listen to my heart.  He knows what I need before I do.  I invite the Lord to come in. To heal. To love. To soothe.  This is what He wants.  Other times I let Jesus captivate me.  Our Savoir wants to "woo" us.  He wants to steal our hearts and set them on fire with passion.  He loves to call us His beloved!  I enjoy being romanced, and there is none better at doing so than my God. 
Pray like a champion and ponder love today.

“Preach the Gospel at all times, if necessary use words.”

No comments:

Post a Comment