Monday, January 4, 2016

Alive & Well

YOU ARE ALIVE!

I am glad to hear from you…FINALLY!  Even if it was only two words.  J  Anne found you in a picture on Facebook at a dinner with your class.  (I am glad to see you smiling and hope that you are feeling more peace now that some of the anticipation is over.)  I continue to pray.  It worries me slightly that I cannot know really how you are doing.  I just have to wait this one out.  But you have this morning’s mass, last night’s rosary, and a car rosary during work today.



As for me…
I cannot tell you how much joy I felt being able to spend time with Lizzy.  As soon as I saw her out the window, I ran outside to scoop that little woman up!  I could not hold back my tears.  I was filled with love and the Holy Spirit.  She could not stop laughing.  It was a beautiful moment and I am forever holding it close to my heart.  I got to hear many of the ins and outs of their life so far and I can’t wait to share them with you!  We sat on the couch eating popcorn, drinking tea, and just talked.  I shared with her my life this past semester and the movements of my heart.  She is such a good listener and knows exactly what to say.  And guess what else…SHE SIGNED MY BED!!!!!!!  It is right above where I sleep and it has already brought me smiles after I am tucked in.  (Anne was honored because Lizzy slept in her bed.)  Lizzy enjoyed our Christmas blanket fort and thought our house was great!  Fun fact: She has to wear her skirt and vest ALL the time…I mean ALL the time…as in picture her running on a treadmill in that thing! They have three treadmills for the nine postulants and they get an hour of rec time every day after lunch.


I got to go to the CCR gathering with Lizzy and the Peine family!


More good news!  I had my first session of physical therapy this morning.  It lasted about an hour and they did all these different “test” exercises to examine my body.  It was pretty fascinating.  I always thought I was pretty strong and athletic…haha!  Here are the main issues:

1.    When I broke my leg, I should have received physical therapy.  Typically the body works opposite and upwards in response to injuries.  Because I broke my right leg slightly above the ankle, my PT is not surprised that I have knee pain in my left knee.  In fact, given time, I might have started to notice pain in my right hip after that.
2.     I have no hip muscle.  This might be slightly genetic due to my mom having to get both of her hips replaced before she was 50.  My hip muscles and butt muscles are the main areas we are going to focus on these next six weeks (along with some core).
3.      My body hyper-extends.  I can bend my fingers back and to the side too far.  My hips pop out of joint when I stand leaning to the side.  My knees and ankles are a bit loose and also pop frequently.


    Basically all of these factors adds up to me standing, running, and walking incorrectly.  My knee was just the indicator.  Hopefully after six weeks, she will reassess my progress and be pleased.  Until then, hello rubber bands and butt squeezes!
     


    Finally, it was my first day back at work.  I got to see Carissa today.  We usually have a pretty good relationship, but today was hard.  She was extremely rude and basically told me to leave her house.  I don’t really know what I did or what I could have done different. 
    
    I wonder why she pushes people away.  What is she afraid of?  Does she think I am going to hurt her?  Does she not trust me?  I can tell she is a slave to something.  How do I love her?


                                                     I need to PONDER LOVE TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment