Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hello Little One!

Hello Little One!

I continue to freeze my butt off over in my little part of the world.  I am wondering how it is in Poland?  Google tells me it is currently 30 degrees in Warsaw.  This sounds wonderful!!!  I have broken two space heaters as of yet but have faith in my third.  So far it has been a trooper!

Physical therapy continues for me.  I had my fourth appointment this afternoon and have started “upping” the exercises I do.  My IT band (lliotibial band: extends from outside the pelvis over the hip and under knee) is extremely tight and my PT has been massaging it during the last few sessions.  One of those pains that hurts so good….

Yesterday at work I was assigned a new case; a young female who has been in the system for a number of years and refuses to show at court.  I went in this morning to begin tracking her down and learning her story.  Day one: I found out she attempted suicide last night and is currently in the hospital.  This isn’t her first attempt.  As of now she won’t be released.  They will probably transition her right to in-patient treatment.  Please pray for her!  (Child protection is involved which is never good, so pray for her family as well.)

Yet, the Lord is so faithful.  This morning in prayer I sat with HOPE.  (This was before I found out about the young woman mentioned above).  Jesus knew I would be finding out shortly, so He gave me hope.  I reflected on how beautiful a time of darkness is because only in times of trial are we given the gift of hope.  Fr. Jacques Philippe says love cannot exist without hope, because hope nourishes love.  Hope brings freedom.

I am going on a personal retreat this weekend at Pacem.  I will be there about 48 hours.  Please pray that I can receive whatever Jesus desires for me.  This is my first personal retreat and I am psyched!  Also pray I don’t freeze to death.

Sending you a spiritual bouquet!  A beautiful bouquet for a beautiful human being.  Three masses, three rosaries, and two divine mercy chaplets coming your way.


Anne is eating your taco shells for dinner.  I would yell at her but I have been eating your cheerios for breakfast…

Also on a sad note: Alan Rickman died.  I am not sure if you have heard.  In memory of the great actor we must have a Rickman marathon when you get back!  So far here is my list:
1.     Die Hard J
2.     Sense and Sensibility (I am reading it right now!)
3.     Love Actually
4.     Robin Hood: Men in Tights
5.     All HP movies (obviously)
6.     Sister Act 1 & 2 (Alan Rickman is not actually in these films.  I just want to watch them)

In honor of Alan Rickman


I want to tell you two more important things.
1. Final decision: I said no to camp.
2. Final decisionI am going on the Camino this summer.
(3. I would love to go on the Camino with you.  Pray about it.)

I love you so much!  Ponder LOVE today and enjoy these videos I made for you!



In Christ, 
the (frozen) mangy feline.





No comments:

Post a Comment