Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Rend Collective and More!

Laurel Ann Eyer,

Updates from Princeton:

1. Colleen is currently wearing a groutfit and singing "I've got my groufit!  I've got my groufit on!"

2. Anne and Colleen have been binge watching Sherlock Holmes episodes on Netflix.

3. I recently came across a new Rend Collective song I really like.  It is called More Than Conquerors.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p8_4NbrcKA GET EXCITED FOR THE CONCERT!!!! :) :) :)



4. Risa Peine left for Europe.  She emailed me a few days ago and told me this really awkward story I thought I would share with you.  (As told in the words of Risa Peine:)

We were staying in a hostel in Krakow and they advertised a 'continental breakfast' as part of the room package, so of course, we went straight for the free food.  It turns out that the breakfast was served family style in the hostel's tiny kitchen.  Thus, bread, jam, butter, instant coffee and cornflakes were sitting in the center of the 6 person table in the middle of the kitchen.  When we were sitting there munching on our bread, an asian girl came in and started making toast.  She made a total of 8 pieces of toast and also had cornflakes.  She was the most petite girl I have ever seen, but she put away food like a beast.  Then, an Australian girl came in and went about her breakfast quietly, so the room was in silence except for munching noises.  Then, an asian boy ( I am not trying to be racist, just describe the situation) came in and looked around, startled that so many people were there.  He quickly put his head down and shuffled toward the toaster.  Without looking at anyone, he toasted two pieces of bread and put jam on the first piece.  As he was eating that one, he got embarrassed and decided not to put jam on the next one and just ate it toasted and plain, looking down at the table the whole time.  Still hungry, he put another piece of toast in the toaster, but couldn't handle the pressure of waiting and popped it out early to just eat it.  Finally, he grabbed a plain piece of bread and ate it straight, never looking at any of us and trying to take up as little space as possible.  As if the situation could get better, another guy came in and put toast in the toaster, then sat down to wait.  However, the silence in the room made his so uncomfortable that he got up and started pacing back and forth and looking out the window.  Of course, then his toast seemed to take even longer.  Haha, the whole time I almost died of laughter, but also could only look around me in amazement.  

5. Dr. Boyle already gave us homework via email.  Booooooooo.

6. Katie McClureface turned 22 yesterday and had a party.  I got to see Meg Thompson there!  (I literally never see that woman).  I tried to convince her that I should be on her volleyball team...it didn't go over too badly.  (Is that a word???)  Also I discovered a vent hole in the floor of Loretta and Kaitlyn's bedroom upstairs.  I played a really fun game of singing "Jesus loves you" loudly through the hole to the people downstairs who would look around confused.

7. Colleen has pooped twice today.

Hold on to the Lord's promises, mi pequeno pollo.  Ponder LOVE today!

No comments:

Post a Comment