Friday, May 27, 2016

Día Número Doce

The Spanish numbers are starting to look weirder and weirder, and no doubt soon I will need to start looking the spelling up, but I have decided to press on!

The date and time stamp are off on this one because I became enraptured in a marvelous book, and I couldn't put it down until I had finished all 437 pages!! (Spoiler alert: Darcy and Elizabeth get married!) Maddie was kind enough to indulge me, even though she's exhausted after our last day on the resort!

We woke up with morning yoga on the beach to remind me that no, I cannot touch my toes for longer than a second without pulling a muscle or defying nature. Fortunately, the pseudo nap that ended the stretching session relaxed me enough to continue with our long day of frisbee in the ocean and trying to herd large fish between my legs using only the tide and Maddie's ingenuity! We also played another game of corn hole, ending with the same close score from a couple days before, and befriended a French waiter before the day was done.

Speaking of France, I assume you've already passed into Spain, but I hope you enjoyed your few days in the magical land of never ending crepes and luxurious wine! Perhaps you only noted the size of the mountains as you passed over them, a fact which I imagine your body disliked, but even that would be enough to secure a solid love of the country unless some real harm had come your way! When you get back, you'll be able to join in my wistful remembrances of days spent in European bliss between French havens and Spanish hospitality.

Despite the busy day, I made sure to pray a rosary for you this morning, reflecting as attentively as I could on the sorrowful mysteries, and praying they weren't a description of your own journey! If they were, at least that road is in good company, and the good our Lord brings out of it is eternal!

Alright, well, tomorrow is a travel day, and Maddie will be furious if I don't rush to sleep! I might not get another post in for a couple days, depending on whether the cabin will allow me to any decent reception (but in a peaceful place like that, no reception is more a blessing than a burden!) I hope you are getting your share of silence, too, and

Ponder love today!

Ps it occurred to me as I remembered with pleasure the picture of your boots full of flowers that I need to thank you for your prayers and their fruits! I've felt incredible these past weeks and been more myself than I have in a very long time! Looking back at the timing, the peace came as you were setting off on your pilgrimage, and I have no doubt that my prayers for healing were answered! So much love and gratitude, forever in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment