Thursday, May 26, 2016

Día Número Once

Hola mi peregrina! 
Have you come across that phrase yet? It means "pilgrim" or "traveler," and you, my friend, have already done a lot of traveling! Your first week is supposedly the hardest and you have finished it! The worst is over and I hope your knee and group are no worse for the wear! Even if they are, be assured of my continued prayers! Since life on the beach isn't too taxing, I'm offering up my sunburn (which is substantial despite my diligently applied sunscreen) for you, and I'm praying for you too! 

Today, we went on a boat to an island with a sunken fort where we went snorkeling! There were many fishes and I became one with the fishes. Thousands of minnows were circling around my body and bigger fish swam below in flower-like reefs. You could swim in and out of the concrete walls that  had long ago sunk into the sand bar. 

Also, I've had multiple smores every day, and I will certainly miss them when I'm gone! I was reflecting on how annoying the rest of the resort is, with overpriced food and traps for tourists money; you can even spend $20 to have a super sized fruity alcoholic drink delivered to your cabana. I'm grateful to my mom for her generosity in sending us here, but it is clearly a place where money reigns and your happiness is dependent on how much you are willing to spend! Around the campfire, though, there's a place of much simpler joy and sincere laughter! That's my favorite place here, and I'll kind of miss the other kids that are "regulars" there like me :)

I love you (with a delightfully simple love)!
On your trails and with your group, ponder love today!

No comments:

Post a Comment