Saturday, May 28, 2016

Día Número Trece

Writing from the airport, about to board! Don't worry; I'll have Laxen's birthday card sent when I get home and Anne's card is also ready to go when the time comes!

Last morning in Florida was spent doing beach front yoga and finishing my fourth book of the trip! If I time things right, I should have number 5 done by the time the plane lands in Minnesota :)

I'm definitely ready to be home at the cabin in a low maintenance environment! Just the lake and the fire and the food in the fridge. I would not survive much longer on that resort, and I already find myself more irritable now that I'm gone. The airport is seriously lacking silence and solitude and the frustrations of traveling are getting to me. Usually, I'm a bit more chill, but after a week of having to pay too much for everything, I'm trying to get by now without another coffee and all of the small inconveniences are testing my patience. My sunburn is also a contributing factor to my growing discontent, and I'm nearly desperate to get back to a chapel and a lake. But alas, it will be at least 6 hours before I can breathe easy again!

I hope you are a good traveler and the journey isn't taxing you! It looks from your pictures like the roads are beautiful, but perhaps lacking the solitude and quiet that you were dreaming of? If so, I'll add patience and forbearance to my list of prayers for you, and I hope you're getting enough time to yourself each day!

This is a bit disjointed and probably entirely coherent, due primarily to my distracting environment and the frequent interruptions of the overhead speakers. Apparently, the idea of quiet was so repulsive to the airport designers that they felt the need to add a full sound system to the airport so that music will always be playing. Between that and the conversations and crying babies all around me, I can't wrap my head around my book, so I'm left to blog and hope that it makes some sense!

Alright, almost time to board! But for your further education before I go, please know that the Champions League final is today (aka the all-Europe championship), starting in just half of an hour, and all of Spain will be talking about it! Both teams are from Madrid (Real vs Atletico), and though odds slightly favor Real Madrid, it should be an exciting game! Maybe you'll even get a chance to watch it, and draw from the abundant education about soccer that I passed onto you this semester! :)

Ponder love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment