Sunday, June 12, 2016

Día Número 28

Hey!

I'm definitely starting to lose steam on these, not because I don't love you and pray for you everyday, but because it doesn't feel like it fits into my routine here at home, and you can only have an anomaly in your schedule for so long before it either becomes a nuisance or a normal part of the routine. Since this won't be a normal part of the routine for too much longer, I'm having to fight to keep it from becoming "that thing that I remember when my head hits the pillow and so I have to get out of bed again and stare at my laptop screen until I have written a satisfactory amount." As such, know that it only takes as long as my remembering how much I love you for me to jump out of bed at night to write them, and that I am so glad to have the ability to remain with you in spirit and in blog as you walk the Camino.

Sarah graduated today and it was wonderful (we took a "Class of 2016" picture with her on my back). Maddie and I talked for a couple hours before she heads out tomorrow morning. Anna and I are making plans for a great summer. Mother made fajitas and she, Dad, and I all watch an episode of "Elementary" together every night. Dad's gardening has been extensive and beautifully realized. Lots of other lovely things, too. I know you don't get to see your family, and I wonder how much you've been missing them on the Camino, or if your mind's absorbed elsewhere so that you don't think of them? I included them in my prayers tonight, and I personally can't wait for the next time that I get to see Evelyn. ;)

Since I'm feeling sentimental today, and since I think you'll enjoy it, here's a picture of me and my sisters wearing summer hats. I'm on the far right, the graduate is in purple, Maddie is on the left, and Anna looks like a monkey.


I love you. Keep on walking. Keep on loving the people that you're with. Keep on praying. And...

Ponder love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment