Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Día Número Treinta!

Ok.

So, because I'm too lazy to sign out of your gmail every time I go on youtube, and because this blog won't let me post unless I'm logged onto your gmail, your recommended videos have an unfortunate amount of soccer highlights. My bad.

Some of them are great, though, and Iceland is the smallest country EVER to qualify for a major soccer tournament. They tied Portugal (aka Ronaldo) 1-1 today, and looked great while doing it. That's a huge deal for a country whose population is only slightly larger than the city of St. Paul. Perhaps a better perspective would be to say that if you are Icelandic, male, and between the ages of 20-40, you have a 1 in 2000 chance of being on the national soccer team. Furthermore, 8% of their entire country showed up to watch them play (27,000 people); if England had that percent show up, it would be 4.2 million people.

More significantly, I need a retreat, or a job, or some sort of conscious time. My days are spent running errands for Mom, entertaining Anna, and watching soccer and reading on the couch. It has been thunderstorming for days now, and I need sunshine and exercise and a goal, which are all impossible from inside my house. I'm restless and almost never recollected and my period is coming any day. If my luck holds, I'll get it just in time to spend the night in a cabin for Lizzie's bachelorette party with 10 other excitable females.

So, yeah. Mostly, I need a retreat, but there will not be one in the foreseeable future for me.  Drat. Hopefully, the soup kitchen later this week will be a good way to invest my summer, but that will only work if Anna decides to be semi-social and the kitchen has substantial volunteer slots. Please, Jesus.

Perhaps closer to what you'd like to know is that Anne and I hung out today at the UMD farmer's market and I got a book on wine tasting. Colleen and Marianne went to the Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art) for FREE tonight, and Amy Johnson is hanging around Duluth this week.

I checked the weather, and it looks like you might be getting some thunderstorms, too. If so, I pray that it's the kind of rain that you love and not the miserable kind, and I pray for a lot of sunshine, perhaps selfishly. The idea of walking 500 miles right now sounds absolutely lovely with the concentrated effort it would require, and especially some quiet time seems like it would be prime. Take advantage of all you can get for me, and

Ponder love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment