Monday, June 27, 2016

Día Número 43

Heyo!

So I'm in a mood today, and I don't know why. Like, I have a terrible sense of foreboding... so please don't be dead. If you are, though, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to go to Hell while on pilgrimage, so you're golden!

Seriously, though, I've felt all day like something bad is going to happen in my life, or that something bad already did happen and I just don't know it yet. But that's not the case at all!

Life is actually great right now, looking at the facts! I just found two roommates for Denver and officially registered for classes. Iceland beat England in one of the biggest upsets in history. I'm reading a great book. Anna and Sarah have been in a good mood, and volunteering was great today. I've got plans to see two of my old friends tomorrow. My mom went out of her way to make me a special lunch and Dad's been gardening like crazy. The dog even pooped successfully on our walk today (in 5 different segments), so no complaints here!

Regardless, no peace... Hopefully, that changes soon!

Naturally, I forgot some things yesterday, but hopefully not too many. I looked up your hostel and you are on the Via Labicana, so just up the street from San Clemente, and only a tad over from the Santa Scala, which I mentioned in Snapchat today. Otherwise, it looks like you've found everything alright for yourself! If the Fridgidarium gets boring (which I know to be impossible), another great gelato place is called Old Bridge, and it's close to the Vatican. You get the most scoops per euro of anywhere in Rome (it's like 2 huge scoops for 1.50 or something), and we always grabbed it before making our way to the Piazza San Pietro at night. (Make sure to see it at night!) If you're homesick, there's a decent burger place just down the street from you called Topside. Aimee and I stumbled into it after a day of randomly touring St. John Lateran and winding up around the missionaries of charity. Also, make sure to head up to the Piazza de Popolo and the Villa Borghese if you need to get away from the hustle and bustle of Rome. Trastevere could work, too, but there's more grass in Borghese (there's also a zoo back there). Finally, since you seem very competent wandering around, the best carbonara in Rome is two blocks from Bernardi (which would be a bit of a trek for you, but so worth it) at a place called Cacio e Pepe. I used to walk there all of the time to get dinner, and it's a magical, tiny, home-owned place with only like 10 tables all packed together outside with stupendous pasta. Enjoy Rome and enjoy Assisi. I love you and I'm praying for you.

Ponder love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment