Thursday, June 30, 2016

Día Número 46

Ciao bella.

In case I forgot to give you an update beforehand, yes, my dad did take care of Mr. Walz's son. Though I don't believe he is his primary doctor, he did oversee the reconstruction of his pelvis and an infusion of 6 pints of blood. In other words, it was a very serious injury, but he will certainly make it! I offered mass for him and his dad today, as well.

FYI, your postcard from León took 20 days to arrive! I am just getting it now, and it is marvelous. I read it in the spare minutes of Anna's soccer game tonight, which was markedly eventful. It's interesting that you mentioned that you were praying for my sleep, because it's been pretty bad lately. Some of it's my own fault (I read until 4am a couple nights ago), but some of it is unexplainably terrible. It's frightening to think how bad it might be if you weren't praying, so thanks!

I had a productive day today! I'm trying to maintain a good balance between openness and privacy, so I'd rather keep the details between me and her, but suffice it to say that I reached out to Kelly in a way that I hope will bring her some healing long-term, while also decisively cutting ties. Maybe it will backfire, but I felt very moved to do so in prayer, and I wrote it while deeply peaceful. I did likewise with Courtney, and I hope I did right by both of them.

Beyond that, I also slept in, answered emails, set up volunteering, put in contact lens, got a wedding present, went to the grocery store, walked the dog, went to Mass, watched a soccer game, sideline-coached Anna's game, blogged, and watched an episode of Elementary with my parents. A lot more little things, too, like giving Sparkle her medicine and debriefing Anna after her game, etc. Basically, I powered through my to do list today.

Well, that seems like a sufficient update. I hope Rome is Rome and Assisi is Assisi. I'm glad you finally found the chapel, and yes, the giant white building that looks like a wedding cake is the Vittorio Emanuele monument that you sent me, not the small church in the piazza. As mentioned above, I haven't been sleeping great, so I think that I'll head there now and forego a longer post, but congrats on day 46 of not being with me!

Ponder love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment