Thursday, June 23, 2016

Día Número 39

Well, I'm posting early today because the family is headed to the cabin for the weekend! Realistically, I may not be able to post until Sunday or Monday, but since you are done walking, I don't feel too bad about that! Regardless, my prayers haven't stopped even though the walking has, and I'm so excited for your final week(ish) in Europe!

Today, let me assure you that I'm fine, that Anne's card is in the mail, and a weekend at the cabin sounds delightful. I got to see an old friend yesterday, and I've got plans to see several more in the next couple weeks. Even Father Mike texted to say hi, and I should see him at Mass next week. (The odds of running into Kelly will be high, but since she seems to have made it her mission to become visible in my life whether or not I seek her out, I don't foresee it being a problem.) Meg is coming up for my birthday, and Anna and I have become regulars at the local soup kitchens. Even Iceland is advancing in the Euro Cup (they have to play England next), and the summer would be a picture of perfection if only I could figure out housing for Denver.

I wish I was getting to daily mass a little more often, but I usually get there a couple times a week when I'm not busy with Anna or helping my mom. I'm still a bit fazed after hearing about Zane, so I think that heading to the cabin for a weekend will be a needed break to recuperate and come back ready to work on Denver. The summer seems to be passing very quickly and very not all at the same time.

Rome, though. Rome is magical. As much as it can sometimes feel like a tourist trap, it's also a haven. I'm a little sad you've left Spain, because the Lord knows that I love Spain, but I'm glad that you're in Rome. (Consider a day trip to Assisi if your itinerary is looking thin. It's only about 5 euro round trip, and it's a very holy city!) Ok, I need to start packing. I wish that I could talk to you, and I can't wait until you get home. I love you, bud.

Ponder love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment