Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Día Número 45

That day count is certainly getting high!

This morning, at 11:30 am, I was talking to my future roommate Veronica for the first time on Skype and I officially have someone to live with next year. Actually, I have two people (the other one, Sonja, is in Poland right now) and several potential places lined up, which is miles ahead of where I was a week ago! I also got to hang out with two old friends and Father Mike yesterday, taught my little sister how to throw a ball, and made it to confession, so it's been a solid 48.

Today, we ventured down to the cities to watch Anna play and she was a clear candidate for MVP after that solid performance. One goal and assists on the other two, great passing in the midfield, and a couple key defensive stops. I got to talk to Mrs. Shirley on the sidelines and we had a great conversation, and then my mom and I played catch at half. I also ate 3 fajitas and got a new book, so I'm struggling to find any way that the day could have been improved!!

Your prayers mean a lot, and that chapel holds a lot of memories for me. That was the place I cuddled up on every crying night after a long, lonely day, the place that a cardinal told me that he liked my smile, and the place where I received Jesus for the first and last time while in Rome. I used to come in when everything was dark except the sanctuary lamp and sit on the floor in front on the first pew on the left.

Viva la Roma, viva il Papa, and...

Ponder love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment